Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Uphill. Both Ways.

I've got to be quick. I'm on the library's computer, and someone has it reserved in less than 30 minutes. My laptop got a virus late last week, and I'm hesitant to use it very much until I get it cleaned up...hence the library's computer. Grrr.

I went to the dump to recycle a bunch of moving detritus yesterday. I got lost. It was raining. I jammed my finger...really hard. It still hurts today. Still have half a dozen trips to make to get rid of the rest of it. The mini doesn't hold much at any one time.

I sent an email out yesterday, with some feedback (euphemism in this case for being a little whiny) to the folks that are responsible for responding to casualties for us. We're still trying to work out our leaky fuel tank. With all the reorganization that the CG is going through lately, I'm still trying to learn exactly who is who in the new zoo. I miscalculated, and sent the email one level higher than I really should have, since I was trying to keep my "feedback" low key. So I pissed one or two people off by being a squeaky wheel.

Sometimes it's uphill. Both ways. Barefoot. In the snow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems like you had good intentions. One thing is that if they are the types of people that get spun up that quick, there will be something new that pissed them off in a few days and will quickly forget about the day before.

Anonymous said...

Screw the folks with attitude during all our re-organization. I have been watching this organization re-name and re-parse itself for almost 30 years now, and one thing I know is this: we all gotta be patient with each other. On the plus side, at least you got some attention!!

Hang in there, Skipper. These are the times to enjoy.

KML in AK

Just A Girl said...

It did all work out. I think what saved me was that I really did offer my comments in the spirit of improving the process.

Home computer's still broke, but tanks are getting fixed today.

Took the GREs this morning, so my brain is a little mushy.