Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Hui Hou

It is with a good dose of sadness and a full measure of aloha that I have to say "a hui hou" to my blog. For now.

In Hawaiian, "a hui hou" means "until we meet again." So, it's not good-bye. I do think I'll be blogging again within a few months. But for right now, I cannot give the blog the time and attention it needs for it to be what I want. You may have noticed that a lot of the posts have been pretty superficial lately. Or maybe you haven't noticed...but I have. I like to write insightful things, or at least tell good stories, and I haven't been doing either of those things very well with my last few posts.

So, in the meantime, thanks to all my readers for your words of support and encouragement, your wonderful comments and just plain ol' being out there. Check back in a couple months. Hopefully I'll be back to writing again soon.

I can't believe I'm admitting that I can't do it all. Or at least "all" as well as I want to be able to do it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like someone needs an XO.

Just a Girl said...

Anonymous, I wish it were as simple as getting an XO :)

Azulao said...

What, Girl, you're not Commander America or whatever, able to Do It All Perfectly All The Time?

I'll miss the blog, although I haven't understood a word you've said recently, but I'm here and will see you when you get back.

XO -- um, kiss hug, not the XO that Anonymous 6:37 means.

PS my word veri is "cieson" which I am pronouncing "season," which seems appropriate because to everything there is indeed a season. Love.