Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Better Week

I've been meaning to get to the computer and post about last week since, well, last week. Probably just as well that I never did. Last week was pretty bad. We found more holes in hard-to-get-to places on the ship, that translate into another week's extension in the drydock. We had an outboard motor stolen from where it was locked up outside the ship. And I sent a couple of pointedly antagonistic emails, fighting about various needs for money and funding.

The responses I got back from the emails were nicer than I expected. But I had to say my piece, and I feel better for having done so.

We've got a long-term plan in place for fixing some of the deteriorated metal above the waterline. Though I make no promises about not painting one of the patches just like what it is...a band-aid. At least for long enough to make my point.

And the shipyard has said they would pay for the outboard, since they're responsible for the security of everything while we're in their yard.

So...just as well I didn't post about anything last week. This week is shaping up to be fairly good so far. Except for that darn speeding ticket I got today. I can't even use the excuse that I was late...even with having to stop for the citation, I was on time for my meeting. I was just going fast for the sake of going fast. Too bad I didn't see the cop with the speed gun sitting on the side of the road. He didn't even have to chase me; he just flipped the lights on his motorcycle on, pointed at me, and I pulled over. No reason to blow him off, I knew I was busted. It's the priciest ticket I've had in a while. Aah, the cost of a little fun. And that Mini can go!!

3 comments:

Azulao said...

Hahahahahaha!!! Sometimes, you just gotta pay to play. I hope your insurance doesn't bust you now.

Good news about the motor. Nice to hear from you again!

Uncle Heathen said...

Take it from your uncle, you will probably grow out of it, or not. My cars are just slower now, more thrills at lower speeds.

Just a Girl said...

Uncle Heathen, I've seen you drive, and I'm not sure the cars being slower has *anything* to do with it :)