Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Eeek

It's been a while since I posted. I went on a trip to Southern California to visit my sister and some friends. I had a really good time. It was refreshing to hang out with people that knew me before I gave up my social life for a professional one. I'm working on getting the social life back, with some limited success.

I added a new blog to my roll...Obama Foodorama is all about food and our President. I *love* the post about the President celebrating his birthday with Ms Helen Thomas, who turned 89 today. So cool!

While at a Very Important Meeting (well, not really, but it was a bad combination of taking itself too seriously and demeaning itself like clowns...kinda weird), I gave myself a series of deadlines for getting my graduate school stuff done. I'm giving the folks that I'm asking to write letters of recommendations nearly 90 days to get them in. All the schools I'm applying to (narrowed to U of MD, UC Berkeley and GWU) have online applications, which my SME (Subject Matter Expert=Bro-in-Law) has assured me is far easier than the old paper copies. And I've got a date to take the GRE (again...for a third time). And I've got a due date for my Statement of Purpose. Expect to see at least one draft of that here. My deadline for myself is 11 Sep...plenty of time to revise it a million times.

No comments: