Thursday, February 11, 2016

Budget Nerdiness

We're close enough to get a cell signal tonight, so I turned my phone on for
a few minutes. A Facebook notification popped up saying one of my very
bestest of friends posted a picture of the FY2017 Budget Coordinator getting
ready to head to Capitol Hill for the first round of FY2017 President's
Budget roll-out briefings. One of the comments on the picture had a link to
the budget:
www.uscg.mil/budget/docs/USCG_FY2017_Congressional_Jusitifcation.pdf.

I'm trying to download 1.6MB with underway connectivity. It may load by the
start of FY2017. 

It's going to take me a while to digest it because the format has changed
from what I'm used to. I see some interesting nuggets that I want to read
about more carefully. The nerdy thing is that I'm probably going to stay up
way too late, after a very long day, to at least glance through it for the
highlights.

Once a budget nerd, always a budget nerd.

Congrats, CG-82, on another successful Pres Bud submission! With all the
changes to how it's formatted, I know you guys put in some crazy long hours
to get this together. Good luck on the Hill!!

LCDR Charlotte Mundy
Executive Officer
USCGC DILIGENCE (WMEC 616)
**UNDERWAY**

No comments: