Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda...Didn't

I coulda written a post the CO and I talked about this morning at breakfast, about all the noise around the ship. And how Coast Guard ships all seem to smell the same. Maybe I'll get to that one soon.

I shoulda written a post that is insightful, entertaining and thought provoking, but some days I'm just not that smart or good.

I woulda written a post about GTMO port calls, but I should have started that about six hours ago. I'll get to that one soon too.

I didn't write any of those posts. Instead, I drafted an email about some lingering FY15 purchase requests. I finished, printed and signed the POD for tomorrow. I entered discrepancy correction action plans into HSWL's (Health, Safety, Work Life) database for our sanitation certificate so we can enter foreign ports. I helped our Command Chief figure out how to format changes to our COM (Cutter Organization Manual) Section for Enlisted Evaluations, specifically mid-period counseling procedures. I gossiped with fellow XOs via email. I read the CO's night orders. And that was all in the last 90 minutes.

Days are never the same.

No comments: