Monday, January 25, 2016

Long Day

So this is where being lazy early in the week really comes back to bite me
in the ass. I don't have anything to write about, I'm really tired, it's
been a crazy busy long day, and (not that I don't appreciate my blog
readers) the last thing I want to do is try to be coherent in the written
word.

We're on the first day of a brief stop. We were supposed to come in
yesterday, but gale force winds made us delay our arrival for a day. Much
easier to moor with 18 knot winds than 38 knot winds...go figure. But we
arrived in time to get folks out on liberty in time to watch the Playoffs.
About halfway through the Carolina v. Arizona game right now -- GO
Panthers!! I mean, we are homeported in North Carolina. 

But pulling in is always hectic and a little frantic. I'm really not sure
what happened between about 10 am this morning and 5 pm this afternoon. That
seven hours is a blur of Nav and Anchor Detail, Mooring Stations, getting
situated on the pier, getting trash offloaded and fuel onloaded, people
coming and going, Sweepers, Officers and Chiefs Call, Quarters, Liberty, van
runs, airport runs, supply runs, chasing 76 cats in 97 directions.

Here's to a well deserved break for the first time in 18 days!

LCDR Charlotte Mundy
Executive Officer
USCGC DILIGENCE (WMEC 616)
**UNDERWAY**

No comments: